Thursday, June 4, 2009

First Post

I've decided to track my on line results at mid stakes over the upcoming weeks and months. The story so far is that I deposited 2.5k near the end of March and began grinding 100NL, thankfully I ran well and jumped to 200NL when my bankroll hit 4k after 10kish hands, I made about $5k in April and $2k in rakeback so I was off to a good start. Straight away in May however I managed to drop $4k in a week or 2 through a mixture of coolers and downright terrible play, I grinded on however and managed to claw it back and somehow ended up with a $4k profit and $3k in rakeback for the month! I've played a few tournaments and made a small withdrawel which has left me with a bankroll of ~$13.5k to take a shot at midstakes.

I'll put up a graph of my results since April the 1st in my next post. I dont play poker professionally but just as a pass time and for some extra money, so I dont mind taking shots at 400NL with about 30 buy ins, I dont think it will affect my play and I can drop back down if I hit a 10 buy in down swing or if I'm losing at this level. So far I've grinded out >50k hands each month by 8-10 tabling but I think I'll cut back to 4-8 for 400NL as the regulars are alot better at exploiting robotic multi-tablers. I also have alot of leaks that will be alot easier to plug by playing less tables. I'm aiming to get over 45k hand this month but dont have a realistic idea what my winrate (lossrate) will be. I'll set a rough conservative target of >=10 buyins and probably $3k in rakeback for this month to be somewhat realistic. I'll post up weekly graphs to show how its going and any big or interesting hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment