Monday, June 29, 2009

June done and dusted


Pretty good month overall, got almost 50k hands played, mostly 400NL but I also played about 10k hands of 600NL and 1000NL. I made a profit of $15k + ~3k in RB even though I ran terribly in all in EV, about $7k below. I made alot of changes this month, the biggest one being that I now play between 4-8 tables typically, usually 5 or 6, instead of the 10-12 I had been playing at 100 and 200NL. This has allowed me to concentrate on the gameflow and play more aggressively in general. I still have a few leaks to work on though, namely my 3betting frequencies from late positions are still a bit low and I'm also still calling too many 3bets. These have improved a bit this month but I still think there's plenty of room left to improve this part of my game.

Obviously the highlight of the month was my winning of the $13K WSOP package. I'm going to be flying to Vegas on Saturday the 4th and will be playing on day 1d on the Monday. I have played a grand total of 4 hours of live poker so far this year!! That was the €1500 side event of this years Irish Open so I'm looking forward to getting a good few hours in at the live tables in Vegas. I had one decent cash this month in a tournament, that was $5k for 3rd place in a $100 40k guaranteed on stars. I played a good few more and ended up with about $3k profit over the month. I'll probably only have one or two more nights playing poker before vegas and I'll spend these playing big field on line tournaments to try and get my head into nitty tournament mode rather than aggro 6max cash mode. I'll take my laptop with me to vegas and will hopefully have loads of updates to be blogging about, if not maybe some crazy bad beat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment